11.22.2008

Enough already!


I don't know about you, but I am so sick of getting credit card offers in the mail.  I'm always uncomfortable just throwing them away.  I imagine some low-life scrounging through the dump and finding my credit card offers and gleefully mailing them in so that they can get a credit card in MY name and ruin my credit buying whatever it is scummy low-lifes like to blow their money on.  So, I decided that I should tear them up.  But what if low-life guy is really diligent and finds the pieces and tapes them back together and sends them in?  OK, I guess the card company may suspect something there . . . but maybe scum man finds my name and address and then uses that information to apply for credit somewhere or to do some other nefarious scummy low-life stuff with it?  Maybe I'm paranoid here, but you know what I mean: virtually daily we get all these stupid, unsolicited card offers in the mail--they junk up our mail boxes, stress out our paranoid sides, and tempt us to go into debt!  I know, I know.  I can just shred them. But frankly, I don't want to be forced to go to all of this work with mail I never asked for in the first place!! Well, I've found a solution.  (Strains of harp music rise.) Click here and you will be magically transported to a site specifically dedicated to helping you STOP the harassment, clean out your mail box, and save a tree or two while you're at it.  Ahhh, sweet serenity.

3 comments:

lyn. said...

I have had the same nightmares about low-lives, but in my dreams they find all the pieces of the credit card offers I have shreaded and diligently put them back together...

Your solution is much better than mine - burning the offers in the fireplace, which is OK in the winter, but in the summer...

Thanks for sharing this great information!!

lyn. said...

I get "The Spoken Word" via email...

It's easier to show you than to try to explain, in words, what a kettlebell snatch is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANbD0KTrkk

I don't twitter much - just when I feel like it.
However there are those who seem to twitter non-stop!
I just don't have time for that...

shelly said...

Good to know -- thanks, Annie!