5.07.2008

What am I going to do?


Dear Reader,
I just received the following email from the winner of the Have You Seen My Dog? contest.  I have also posted my reply.  Do you think the FTC or the FCC or the F-some-other-Big-Brother Commission will get me if I don't award this prize?  These are murky waters I've entered.  I can already feel creepy black critters bumping against my ankles.

Dear Annie,
Thank you for selecting me to be the big human/dog face winner. Except for a deluxe Barbie and Ken wedding gift set (she was bald with three wigs!), I have never won anything else. I KNEW I had it in me! However, seeing that you sent me books already (Thank You by the way), I decline the prize. It does concern me though, that so many people buy dogs which look like them…or do we morph into looking like them? Either way, I’m staying away from Shar-peis


Dear Terry,
I had to smile when you said I'd selected you to be the Big Human/Dog Face winner. No wonder you don't want to accept the prize. It doesn't sound like a very complimentary contest to have won.  I, for one, wouldn't want to be known as the Big Human Dog Face. But seriously now. I send my hearty congratulations on the Barbie and Ken Wedding Gift set. I'm breathless that I even know you. In all my years of Barbie-philia, I never dreamed that such a treasure existed. Wow.
Barbie Wigs. I'd love to just hold one; to feel the thrill of stretching it over Barbie's bald head. And you WON three. You are so lucky. So cool, kid. So groovy.

Now, as for Human/Dog Morphing Syndrome.  This is an important theory and it deserves great consideration.  I'll bet that's what's going on with my droopy body: It thinks I own a Shar-Pei!  This settles it; I am buying a greyhound.

And finally, you HAVE to accept your prize.  I'm sorry, you just do.    My vast, dedicated and trusting blog audience will be so disillusioned if I don't pay up.  And now, they all know.

Love, Annie

Editor's note: The above picture is not of Terry.  Rather, it is- 
Jan Vermeer – A Lady Writing
1665-66, oil on canvas 18 x 16 in.
National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC

9 comments:

Natalie. said...

I want a greyhound if it'll mean legs like that.

shelly said...

Maybe your next contest should just be "Who Most Looks like a Shar-Pei?" Now THAT one I really would win!

Anonymous said...

Annie, You are a nut...and you're not getting my Barbie...
At any rate, I'm going to give my $25 to my friend who is going to Cambodia and give her directions to spend it at Tabitha...in honor of Gavin. Love, Terry

Annie Link said...

The perfect solution. I like the part where I stay out of prison for internet fraud.

Annie Link said...

No Shelly. You would win the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel contest--most loyal, most loving, gives the best hugs and kisses . . . those are the categories where you take all the ribbons. But you can't lick my face.

lyn. said...

THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL TAG NOTICE...

taryn said...

this is hilarious. if the winner doesn't want the prize...can i have it?

Annie Link said...

Hahaha Taryn . . . a few minutes sooner and you may have scored. But it looks like this prize is headed for Cambodia.

Annie Link said...

Oh lyn! I'm so sorry I didn't get right back to you. I'll step up to my "tag" duties first-ish thing on Monday! Thanks for choosing me . . . I think. :-) No really, THANKS! It'll be fun! Now, who am I gonna tag . . .