8.23.2009

How great shall be your joy . . .

Gretchen's daughter Tiffany, and her kids, Gideon and Avery
Elder Imnotsure, Gretchen and Elder Sondereger
Gretchen's sister Suzanne, Gretchen, and Suzanne's honey, Ed

Poor Greg hadn't performed a baptism in over 13 years--
but finally dip #3 turned out to be the charm!  
(We figured Bart and Gav got a good laugh.  It was just their kind of baptism!)
and our beautiful Gretchen who in every way exemplifies Alma's words . . . 
. . . willing to bear one another's burdens, 
that they may be light;
Yea, and . . . willing to mourn with those that mourn . . . 
and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, 
and stand as [a] witness of God at all times 
and in all things, and in all places that [she] may be in . . . 

It was a beautiful day, Grethen.
Thanks so much for sharing it with me.
I will hold the memory forever in my heart!

5 comments:

Erin Jane said...

How exciting!!!

Heather said...

Oh Gretchen!! I'm SO happy for you! And Annie, too! What a wonderful thing!

shelly said...

HUGE Congratulations to you, Gretchen! I could not be happier for you! Oh -- you look so happy! What a great blessing this will be in your life. I'm so thrilled for you!

Natalie. said...

OHHHH! I'm so happy right now! This post brought immediate tears to my eyes!!! I love you SO MUCH Aunt Gretchen!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Gretzbabi said...

Oh how wonderful~ what a sweet sweet heart and what a glorious day of celebration! How happy I am that this is such a great happening and I know that she has been my sister since the day we met. Love to all.